– Federal and postal employees make up a total market of more than 3 million workers with a vast amount of savings to invest before and after retirement – 50% of all federal employees will be eligible for retirement in the next four years
– Thousands of federal employees in your area will have anywhere from $1 to a million dollars in their Thrift Savings Plan (a 401k-type account) at retirement.
– Federal employees can “rollover” funds from their Thrift Savings Plan into other investment options that you may provide.
– Thousands of federal employees in your area have options for life and health insurance before and after retirement – services that you might be able to provide them.
– The recent Saver Act passed by the U.S. Congress encourages the government to link competent professionals like you with federal employees to help them make decisions about their retirement. Becoming well-versed in their benefit programs will help you make this connection.
Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant℠ (ChFEBC℠) courses are now available to equip you with a thorough understanding of federal benefits and associated retirement planning. These courses – offered by either independent study or conducted on-site by a qualified instructor as a hands-on, two-day seminar — provide numerous materials including step-by-step training modules; a manual explaining all federal employee retirement benefits, presentation tools, plus sales and marketing resources to help the professional identify the retirement needs of federal employees.
Federal benefit programs are very complicated. Only the best trained professionals are able to service this market. Having the ChFEBC℠ designation can help you maintain “due diligence” when doing financial and retirement planning with federal employees.